Fwd: [Retros] PROBLEM ONLINE PROOF GAME TASK TOURNAMENT (TT1)

Christoph Fieberg christoph at fieberg.com
Sun Feb 13 15:54:00 EST 2005

>Dear retro friends,

>I am invitinig you to participate in the Problem Online's first formal

>tournament:

>Construct Proof Game in which Knight makes polygon (virtually connect

>centres of visited squares) of the greatest area. The polygon can be of

>any shape. Thematic moves must be consecutive. During thematic play Knight

>cannot cross its moving path. The polygon is closed when the thematic

>Knight reaches the square at which it has already been. Promoted Knight

>can also be thematic. The thematic side can play non-Knight moves

>(preparing position for thematic play). Only one solution is allowed.

>Fairy pieces and conditions are not allowed. Send your compositions to

>e-mail: <mailto:problem at problemonline.com>problem at problemonline.com.

>Closing date: 12th August 2005.

>More details on <http://www.problemonline.com>www.problemonline.com

>Ivan Bender

Would this be a valid example of the requested Knight polygon (with
consecutive moves, no path crossing and back to the starting square)?

SPG in 7.5 moves - Christoph Fieberg - 13.02.05 - C+
r1bqkbnr/ppp1p1pp/8/8/8/8/PPPP1PbP/RNB1KBNR

Path of the Knight is: g1-f3-e5-d7-b8-c6-d4-e2-g1.

Regards,
Christoph