[LargeFormat] Bellows Repair using Acrylic Paint

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jun 8 08:54:12 2003

At 12:45 pm +0100 8/6/03, philip lambert wrote:
>This is valuable knowledge. Can we know the brand of acrylic paint to use.
>We have an artists' supplies shop here but I wouldn't trust their advice re
>cameras. PL

snip

As I gave the paint back immediately after using it I have no idea of
the brand, but if you buy the acrylic paint from an artists' supplies
shop then it'll be fine. There's no point asking them for advice re
cameras nor suitability for light sealing!

I will probably be borrowing the paint again in a week or so as I
have another set of bellows to rejuvenate and will post the details
here if I remember.

I racked the standards back and forth a few times again last night
and used some radical movements on the camera that had the really
shot bellows - all new light seals intact and working perfectly. If
it wasn't raining I would be out there with one of the cameras
burning film. As it is I have a full day of f32.net web site work
instead - such is life.......

Cheers,
        Clive