[LargeFormat] Polaroid film/ My first photos

Dan Andrews largeformat@f32.net
Sun May 25 15:02:00 2003

Several weeks (months?) ago, my fellow list members gave me lots of
valuable advice on how to make my own cloth.  I am proud to say that the
cloth works wonderfully.

My wife and I took two square meters to black cloth and one square meter
of beige (not exactly white, but then again not likely to show any dirt)
and sewed the edges together.  velcro on one edge, and (my idea) three
12mm hex nuts stitched into the opposite corners to help keep them
down.  In hindsight, the hex nuts were probably unnecessary since three
layers of cloth have enough weight all by themselves.

Total cost:  18 Egyptian Pounds (that's $3.00 or about 2 pounds
sterling) and 10 minutes work (90 minutes if you count the time we spent
tryign to figure out what we were doing).

Now that the summer is here and temps are around 37 C (98 F) every day,
I'm not shooting as much, but I'm still on the lookout.

Happy shooting,
Dan